"Adventure is out there!"
Things I want to do/see/accomplish in 2011:
doing my first 5K of 2011 on New Years Day! it will be interesting, that's for sure. visit Charleston (January 5-6th) get a job (hopefully in Charleston) 1st missions trip to Costa Rica!! (January 8-15th)
- read and pray through Operation World
- read and pray through One Year Chronological Bible
continue through my Daily Encouragement devotional(Finished it on August 23, 2011)
- not date (Read more here)
- continue Faith Overflow blog
train for half marathon
- if possible, train for a triathlon
join a gym/do fitness classes at least twice a week
- go parasailing
- read a biography of a Christian missionary every month (totally didn't happen, although i did read a LOT this year)
- a race a month (totally didn't happen =/)
pay off my car!bought a new car!
- Sponsor my Holt International child EVERY month!
Thing's I've done in 2011...
- did a Resolution Run on New Years Day
- visited Charleston (January 5-6)
- GOT THE JOB!!! (January 7)
- went to Costa Rica on my first missions trip! (January 8-15)
- moved to Charleston (January 24)
- started the job at Hawkes Learning Systems (January 26)
- started training for my first half marathon!
- started volunteering in Kidscoast at Seacoast as the 2/3's storyteller!
- went on my first carriage tour of Charleston (March 12, 2011)
- saw Demetri Martin in Atlanta for my birthday present to myself (March 19, 2010)
- finished my first half marathon!! (April 16, 2011 -- 2:32:32 walking and running!)
- joined the company soccer team and scored a goal! :P
- seen some amaaazing concerts (see below)!
- started CrazyAsianOfCharleston.com -- my own personal blog about my adventures in Charleston
- began my one-year of not dating (May 18, 2011)
- started Insanity!! (May 26, 2011)
- began faithfully tithing 10% - staying accountable through my small group (June 2011)
started my "shopping" challenge again (July 1, 2011) -- not buying "new" clothes for the rest of the year
- bought a new car! RIP Adrian. Welcome to the family, Lola!
- started co-leading a small group
- stepped up to become the core leader of the Greet and Follow up teams at theWell
- started training for my SECOND half marathon :)
- budgeted for $15 for food for 2 weeks and completed my challenge!!
- began sponsoring Karen through World Vision - after being challenged by A Hole In Our Gospel
- mission trip to the Spokane Indian Reservation in Washington (October 15-18)
- danced at a traditional Indian pow-wow! (mission trip)
- learned how to cook several casseroles/desserts
- moved to Mt Pleasant!
- got in a wreck :(
- Christy Nockels (with Mel)
- Sanctus Real & The Afters (with Danyelle)
- Tenth Avenue North(with Danyelle, Lizzia, and Andrew)
- Building 429
- Jack's Mannequin + Guster + Lady Danville (with Ashley!)
- Switchfoot! (best show ever!)
- Sumner County YMCA Frostbite/Resolution Run: Jan. 1, 2011 (1st in age group)
- Save the Light 5K - Folly Beach: February 5, 2011 (ran 3.1 miles soaking wet!)
- Catch the Leprechaun 5K - Mt Pleasant: March 17, 2011
- Palmetto Half Marathon - Columbia, SC: April 16, 2011
- Some run at Folly Beach - Folly Beach: April 30, 2011
- Fight For Air 5K with Ashley - Folly Beach: October 29, 2011
- Pajama 5K - Charleston
- Passion and Purity: Elisabeth Elliot
- The Hiding Place: Corrie ten Boom
- Twelve Extraordinary Women: John MacArthur
- Stuff Christians Like: Jonathan Acuff
- This is A Book: Demetri Martin
- Out Live Your Life: Max Lucado
- Philippians: Christ: the source of joy and strength: John MacArthur
- The Reason For God: Timothy Keller
- Something Borrowed: Emily Giffin
- Blue Like Jazz: Donald Miller
- Heaven is for Real: Todd Burpo
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo: Stieg Larsson
- Every Young Woman's Battle: Shannon Etheridge
- Daily Encouragement for Single Women
- The Cross-Centered Life: C.J. Mahaney
- Battlefield of the Mind: Joyce Meyer
- A Hole In Our Gospel: Richard Stearns
- Volunteer Revolution:
- The Blessed Life
...the list was getting too long, so I started a new blog: CrazyAsianOfCharleston.com