inspiration: 2010 is coming to a close...
2010 has been a year of growth for me.
it started as a journey of healing, overcoming the previous battles and heartaches of 2009. but the more i grew in community with a core group of girls that i love immensely and the more i seeked to glorify Christ, the more i found healing in His merciful love and grace.
as the year continued, i was able to mark several things off my bucket list. i've experienced so many blessings from God and i've been blessed with so many opportunities that i cherish dearly.
here's my note from Facebook where i briefly chronicled the events of 2010:
- Passion 2010: January 2-5
- started serving in Grace Acres and fell in love :)
- experienced some of the best friendships EVER
- tried sushi and used chopsticks for the first time (true story!)
- turned 21 and got a tattoo: April 1
- beat Guitar Hero II on Expert: June 3, 2010
- beat Guitar Hero III on Hard
- survived Systems Analysis
- made myself memorable to incoming freshman as "the girl who was 'abducted' from South Korea"
- learned how to "dougie" (please don't ask me to demonstrate. because i will.)
- successfully jump-started a car
- fell in love with running (see below)
- started a legitimate collection (cards from two shops in Franklin, TN)
- started internship at Trane
- started cooking at least once a week (or trying to...)
- started modeling/acting classes at Advantage Models & Talent - loving every minute of it.
- Mudbowl'd it up!: September 25, 2010
- got my passport!
- so far I've showered at a gas station twice. sketchy, yes. but I wore shower shoes and got the job done.
- Ziplining: October 19, 2010
- Donated hair to Locks of Love: November 4, 2010
- applied for Southwest No Limits Internship
- started boot camp at the Foy - i love to hate it.
- graduated from modeling class: November 13, 2010
- God totally blessed me with an amazing friendship with a guy that is in love with Jesus. While I selfishly hopes it turns into something more, I know that whatever happens will be God-glorifying and that's really the true purpose of any relationship and friendship.
- didn't get the Southwest Airlines internship, but I realized I have far too many blessings to leave behind anyways :)
- went to my first hockey game with Jason Hart! It was an absolute BLAST!
- survived boot camp at APSU; blew my pre-assessment totals out of the water! Beginning: 27 modified push-ups, 38 crunches; 8:32 mile -- Post: 50 modified push-ups; 58 crunches; 8:06 mile!
- went ice skating with my BFFs! :)
- graduated Summa Cum Laude on December 17th!!
- got to see my sister/little brother/second mother TWICE this year! :) once over the summer and again for my graduation! :)
- changed my first diaper. way to usher out 2010!
- Smyrna Parks Dash For Cash (5K): August 7, 2010
- Rally for Recovery (5K): August 21, 2010
- Franklin Race for the Cure (5K): September 18, 2010
- Sango Scamper 10K: October 23, 2010
- Turkey Trot 5-Miler: November 20
- Run for a Reason - Costa Rica Race 5K: December 11
And here is a photo collage of only 16 pictures that really defined 2010 for me. I actually had a ton more I wanted to include, but the 25 picture collage made the pictures too small for my liking ;)
(From left to right, top to bottom)
1. Passion 2010 family group; 2. After my baptism (February 14, 2010); 3. Getting my tattoo (21st birthday - April 1, 2010); 4. Taking pictures with friends in an alley; 5. After my 1st 5K race (August 7, 2010); 6. learning how to dougie; 7. Team Clear As Mud - Mudbowl 2010 (September 25, 2010); 8. Ziplining (October 19, 2010); 9. Kelsey, Krissy, and me after our first 10K (October 23, 2010); 10. Brooke and I on Halloween (October 31, 2010); 11. After donating my hair to Locks of Love (November 4, 2010); 12. Graduating modeling class (November 6, 2010); 13. My first Preds game (December 4, 2010); 14. Survived Boot Camp; 15. The Little Asian That Could graduates! (December 17, 2010); 16. I am now an AP Alumni!