This has no real order or purpose, but wanted to give a few updates and praises.
- The most common thing I'm asked is how wedding planning is going: It's ... going.
- The second most common thing I'm asked is am I excited: DUH!
- Holden and I just finished pre-marital counseling and it went really well. He and I had some good conversations during the counseling sessions and we've had good conversations as a result of pre-marital counseling.
- I've realized how important reading and running are to my sanity. Currently re-reading The Circle Maker and also reading Ender's Game.
- Weddings are expensive, even when planning on a budget.
- Holden and I are leading a small group for Seacoast's "NEXT" series. I'm excited about this and praying that the Lord will use this time to prepare us to lead another small group after we're married.
- I bought bowling shoes a few weeks ago and I'm hoping to buy a bowling ball in the next couple paychecks (It will smell like birthday cake. True story).
Also, in honor of November being the month of thanks:
November 1: I am so thankful for grace; thankful that God loves me too much to let me stay where I am; thankful that He has a plan for me.
November 2: I am thankful for Holden; thankful that the Lord blessed me with a man who will lead me, fight for me, encourage me, and push me to be all that I am created to be.
November 3: I am thankful for my family and the family I'm gaining in a few months; thankful for their support, encouragement, and love.
November 4: I am thankful for my job; thankful that even though it's hard at times that I can work for a company that's innovative and forward-thinking; thankful for awesome co-workers and a fun environment that's pioneering education.