Tuesday, June 4, 2013

trial by fire.

inspiration: refined like silver

so update.
i'm leaving for Kenya in ONE MONTH!! so excited.
i still need to raise $700ish (our costs went up).
if you'd like to donate, go to http://www.seacoa.st/thewellkenya, select Pay as Guest and choose my name.

but in other news, i've been held to the fire, lately.
http://www.clarion-call.org/extras/malachi.htm

i read Psalm 66 a while back and came across this verse, which correlates almost perfectly with the link i just posted.

For you, God, tested us; you refined us like silver. -Psalm 66:10
And i'm still in the fire.
and i hate it.
but i'm so thankful that God is refining me.
i want to be a true reflection of Him.
of his love.
of his strength.
of his grace.
of his glory.
...and to be that, i have to ... well, not be like me.

i've experienced a lot of ups-and-downs at work, especially.
but also in my spiritual life.
i feel dry and i feel empty.
and i recognize this as a season of depending completely on the Lord for strength.

but He has been faithful to me in so many ways.
financially.
spiritually.
relationally.

i may be in the midst of the fire right now, but i know my Refiner is holding me close, not letting me out of his sight. He has a perfect plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment