Friday, June 7, 2013

a mighty fortress

inspiration: fortress, stronghold, refuge

about a week ago, i felt the Lord speaking to me through words like "fortress" and "stronghold" and "refuge".
ive been going through Scripture and finding where these words are used. so far, i've come up with 13 verses (and i'm still searching) that have really given me strength.

fortress
    • a military stronghold
    • a heavily protected and impenetrable building
stronghold
    • a place that has been fortified so as to protect it against attack
    • a place were a particular cause or belief is strongly defended or upheld
refuge
    • a condition of being safe or sheltered from pursuit, danger, or trouble
    • something providing such shelter
i'm still processing what exactly these words mean to me in this particular season, but i do know that for me it's related to rest. lately, i've been wrestling and frustrated in some areas of my life, but God provides a shelter and a place for me to come and to rest. He is my strong tower and my refuge. I am weak and weary, but i am safe in His arms.
"But the Lord has become my fortress and my God the rock in whom I take refuge." -Psalm 94:22
i'm still learning to trust His power and timing in my life.
i have definitely been under attack and in a season of vulnerability, but i know that there is a purpose.
He is leading me and guiding me and all the while, i will continue to worship.
"For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me." -Psalm 31:3  

No comments:

Post a Comment