Tuesday, April 23, 2013

adventure to africa.

inspiration: I'm going to Kenya this summer!

i love mission trips.
they provide us true experiences to live out the Gospel, love others, and serve the Kingdom.
and guess what, we're commanded to do just that in the Great Commission.

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” -Matthew 28:16-20
what the Great Commission looks like for each us is different.

some may be called to live overseas as full time missionaries.
or to live here as full time missionaries.
or to plant a church.
or to serve in their community.

for me, i believe God has used me immensely in my own community to serve His kingdom and He has opened several doors for me to serve on short term mission trips. i have been on one international trip to Costa Rica, one trip to Washington state, and in July, I will be going completely on the other side of the world to Turkana, Kenya!

I'm excited about this endeavor and I believe God has a huge purpose for myself and for my team.
We will be partnering with Bread of Life Mission (if you've ever read any of my blog posts referring to theWell or Ernest Smith - he's the president!) and missionaries who are there to spread the Gospel to a new village in Turkana.



What I know of our trip so far is that we will be doing a VBS service for kids, a lot of evangelism, and maybe even beginning construction for a church and school building in that community. I'm very excited about serving with my team of 20 and really bringing light to an area that needs hope, healing, and peace. For me, Jesus has provided all three of those things, even in the midst of trials, turmoil, and strings of bad days.

This past Sunday, we had our third or fourth mission trip meeting and we began talking about our stories and our testimonies. This week, I will be working on writing my testimony and will be practicing sharing it with my team in a couple weeks. God has authored a beautiful story in my life, even through hardships and struggles.

He showed me love and mercy during a time where I was filled with shame and regret.
He has lavished me with patience when I all I wanted to do was give up.
He has blessed me with abundantly more than I ever dreamed of on many occasions.
He has authored a love story that no writer, no matter how talented, could ever compose.

God has done so many things that I am just trying to put into words to share.

Currently, I have raise $1300 towards my $3400 total! I am so thankful for every donation and all the prayers from everyone. I am praying that you will continue to be in prayer for myself and my team and I pray that you will choose to partner with me on this journey and adventure to Africa!

If you would like to donate, please visit http://seacoa.st/thewellkenya, select "Pay As Guest" and select my name in the dropdown menu. Whether it's $5, $50, or $500, know that you are making a huge impact, not only on my total to raise, but on the lives of the Turkanans. We are going, not to look holy and not because we want to have a feel-good moment about serving the Lord, or to try to earn a check mark in a list of rules. We are going to change lives and to make an eternal impact for the Kingdom of God. We want to share Jesus with the Turkanans and we want their lives to be radically changed, just like our lives have been.

So please pray.
Pray boldly.
Pray honestly.
And if you feel led to give, do so cheerfully, knowing that you're changing lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment