Friday, June 22, 2012

remembering HIS will

inspiration: trials draw us closer to God and force us to remember that He is in charge, not us

ive been working diligently to become a better steward of my money.
ive been going through Financial Peace University, making my budgets, and planning ahead financially
i thought i had my 3-year plan mapped out...
...but God has other plans it seems

backstory: ive never had good teeth: i had braces twice (once in elementary school, once in high school) and had to have a root canal done three years ago. it's no wonder that im not fond of people scraping and drilling and messing with "my grill". but i hadn't been to the dentist since i moved out here, so i figured i needed to go ahead and do it.

so i went to the dentist yesterday.
on the plus side, i really like the dental staff and the dentist im going to.
but on the downside, i have the onset of periodontal (gum) disease and over the next 9-12 months, i'll have to pay a little over $1,000 out of pocket to cover some dental work on top of going to a consultation with an endodontist to check on some things regarding my root canal. to say i'm thrilled about it would be the biggest lie of all time.


this whole situation has taught me to not only face my emotional fears and to accept myself as a work of God's creation and not to criticize his work, no matter how much i dislike it:
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. -Psalm 139:14
and to trust in His plans for me.
while i like to think i have everything planned and figured out, in a moment like this, i realize that it's not my money to figure out, it's His money to use however he wants.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. -Isaiah 55:9 
His thoughts are certainly higher than mine.
His ways, greater than mine.
and His plans for me, better than mine.


now it's time for me to gargle, spit, and rinse away all my fears and insecurity (see what i did there ;)) and allow Him to show His power and reveal how He is going to use this situation for my good.

No comments:

Post a Comment