Friday, May 18, 2012

today would've been the day...

inspiration: today would've been the official end to my year of not dating

one year ago, i would've told you that in a year, i would...

  • be closer to God
  • be serving more
  • be completely happy and independent
  • be fully content in my singleness
and then God threw me a curveball in the form of a "tall man" and through prayer and discernment, i realized that my relationship with God didn't follow a strict timeline. at the outset of our friendship, holden knew i wasn't dating. i made it very clear to him when he asked me out. he was willing to wait until may to pursue a relationship with me. i struggled immensely with patience and contentment in that season, but i realized that God's timing isn't mine; for the first time, and probably the only time, God's perfect timing came before mine.

today, i would say that i'm definitely closer to God than i was a year ago.
i'm serving in the same capacity as i was a year ago.
i'm completely happy and still very independent. i always have been miss independent, although now, i realize how it uniquely complements my boyfriend's personality.
and i'm content with where God has holden and i. i'm blessed to have someone in my life who complements me so well and who loves me and who encourages me in everything i do.

it's amazing how God reveals things to us that we didn't even know we wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment