Wednesday, March 7, 2012

rewards of encouragement

inspiration: receiving encouragement in various forms today

the past few days have been kind of rough for me emotionally. mostly in the realm of relationships.
i woke up this morning and gave myself a minor pep talk. "it's just another day. God's going to take care of you" (little did i know that, a half-hearted pep talk would actually come to fruition in many ways).

during my quiet time (which i've started fully engaging in first thing in the morning, rather than doing a half-hearted Bible reading at lunch), I began to think about how little I've blogged lately. and i became even more discouraged.

not only am i struggling relationally, but i'm struggling in my blogging, which makes me feel even more distant from God. i've always used my blog as an outlet, and not writing just seems like i have nothing to share, nothing to offer.

but i checked my e-mail and had an e-mail of encouragement from a reader of my blog.
it absolutely elated me and she shared her story and encouraged me to continue blogging.

i believe God's heart is made fuller when we rejoice in giving Him glory.
so i am truly thankful and blessed for the gift of teaching and exhortation that he bestowed upon me.

i also was able to run a 5K distance in barely-over-30 mins (which one of my goals for 2012 is to run a 5K race in under 30 mins), so my discipline in training for a half marathon is not only increasing my endurance but speed as well.

after my run, i came home and checked my mail and had a check from my dealership for my old car (that was totaled at the end of last year) reimbursing me for 2 car payments that i made post-wreck. hugeee blessing!

had a half-priced burger with a friend tonight. (ironic, the burger was half-priced, but i feel like i waited twice as long as i normally would have for a burger...oh well...) but i've been struggling to guard my heart lately and to truly be at peace with whatever God has planned for me. and to be able to spend time not worrying about the future was just the thing i needed tonight.

i know that the standards i have for relationships are far from what the world sees as acceptable.
i want God's best for me.
i want to know that when the right person comes along, that it was a God thing and not anything i could've manufactured myself.
i want to experience a godly relationship with a godly man.
i don't want to settle for anything less than what God desires for me.

but often times, my emotions and desires overtake me and i try to write my own love story rather than letting the Author of Creation write it. i have messed up so many times; but i know that God is faithful in all things and i truly trust His plans for me, even if that means being single longer than i want to be.

i've been encouraged in so many ways today.
to close out my blog for tonight, i want to share a Scripture that i've clung to for a while, but i'm finally seeing and experiencing the truth in it:
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. -Hebrews 10:23

God is always faithful.
We should be encouraged by that!


How has God been faithful in your life??

No comments:

Post a Comment