Friday, February 24, 2012

God is for ME!

inspiration: a powerful night of worship at theWell

last night at theWell, we had a night that was packed with an amazing worship set list and a powerful message by Ernest.

the main point being: GOD IS FOR US. God is for you and God is for me.
our response to this should be complete and utter worship.

we've been studying through the book of Romans for 9 months now and last night, Ernest preached about Romans 5:12-16 where Paul explains how sin entered through Adam, one man and how through Adam we are condemned, but because of Jesus, who is God, was a righteous man and through Him we are justified.

Ernest taught about how God is for us.
He doesn't like when we sin. But he loves us because of who He is and who we are.
God is love and He is perfect.
So why should we think he would ever want anything less for us than himself.

i've heard and read in sermons, books, etc. how our relationship with our Heavenly Father often reflects our relationship with our earthly ones. i'm so blessed that my earthly father always shows me compassion and grace and love; he disciplined me and raised me right, but he never failed to tell me how much he loved me every single day.

i'm a huge daddy's girl and i really do think that has a lot to do with why "faith" is my strongest spiritual gift. i've always been an optimist and known that there was something "bigger" than just me, even when i wasn't a Christ follower. i always hold out for the best because my earthly father always provided for me, so why wouldn't God, who knows me intimately and uniquely, do the same?

it would be very easy for me to let circumstances get me down.
but i know that Romans 8:28 is truth - that in all circumstances, God is at work in order to bring His plans to fruition. i believe in the power of Romans 8:31 - if God is for us, who can be against us?


last night was a great reminder of how powerful and amazing God is.
He is for us.
He loves us.
He redeemed us so we could be with Him forever.


How has your relationship with your earthly father affected your relationship with your Heavenly Father?
If you need to be reminded how loved you are, read Romans 8. Christ died for us and now nothing can be against us. Jesus conquered death and the grave in order to raise us to new life. Through him, we are more than conquerors - He loves us that deeply and He has a plan for us; no matter what trials of life you are facing, know that it's for a purpose. He loves you greatly and uniquely!

No comments:

Post a Comment