Thursday, December 15, 2011

lessons from blogging for two years...

inspiration: Faith Overflow is two years old!!


that time has come again...
another birthday to celebrate...
except this time, it's for this blog.
(sorry, there are no candles or cake or presents)


but i do want to take a few minutes to express some of the things that i've learned over the last two years...



  • i started this blog to find healing, it was written mostly for me to have a way to put into words how i truly felt about the situations i was in. i never imagined that two years ago, it would still be up and running; i never imagined that i'd have a handful of followers who actually enjoy reading what i write; i never imagined it would impact those around me, bringing wisdom and healing for others as well. God is good in that: He uses others, broken, messed up, hurting people to bring healing. not only was i able to find comfort by being open and honest about my relationship with Christ and my struggles, but i was also able to minister to others as well. every little piece of pain can and will be used by God. every broken person can be used as well.
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)
"I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." (1 Timothy 1:12-17)

  • God's plans are rarely our plans. Two years ago, I never would've imagined I'd be as strong in my faith as I am now; I never imagined I'd be surrounded by people I love and with a job that I love in Charleston. I thought, at best, I'd be in Nashville; maybe I'd still have a lot of close ties with people from Grace and I definitely would still be attending there, even if it meant a long commute on Sunday mornings. But God wanted to stretch me. He wanted me to experience more than the fishbowl life I was living in - hence a move away from everyone and everything I knew and was comfortable with.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:9)
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:11-13)


those are by far the two biggest lessons i've learned over the past two years.


what has God been teaching you lately?? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment