Friday, December 9, 2011

12:9

inspiration: todays date.

Today is december 9th.
Consequently, one of my favorite verses is 2 Corinthians 12:9. It reads, but he said to me, "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses.

We live in a culture and time that applauds pride and success. Very rarely do we take the time live humbly and remind ourselves of who we are and what was done for us...maybe it's just me, but I don't boast about my weaknesses.

I'm quick to tell others of my achievements.
But I want to hide my insecurities and doubts.
Let's not look at the warts and scars, let's focus on the beauty marks.

But Paul writes boldly about boasting in our weaknesses. Because Christ's power shines through when we are weak.
This blog was started almost two years ago at one of the lowest and weakest points in my life and in my faith. But it's a true testament of his power and his grace!! And to the handful of readers who have followed it since the beginning and to the few who know my past and my story, all I can say is that His grace and His love are truly remarkable and powerful!

When we come to him with a broken and contrite heart, God is faithful to come through for us. When we realize our weaknesses, He makes us strong. We can try to hide our pain and problems, warts and scars with facades and false images. I've done it before and still struggle with seeking approval of man instead of peace with God.

But in our weakness, He shines.
When we realize we can't make it without Him, His power is made perfect.

For me, I struggle with guarding my heart.
I invest a lot in my friendships and I want to receive some sort of return on investment. But when it comes to romantic feelings, it's hard for me to stay guarded and protect myself. I give and give and it often isn't returned.
That's my weakness.
It's led to mistakes and broken hearts.
But I've found healing in His power and willingness to redeem. His grace brought me where I am today and has radically changed my perspective and outlook.

Today, I boast in weaknesses.
For Christ's power is made perfect in them.

(to be continued)

1 comment:

  1. your last full paragraph is exactly how I am...i give and i give....and my heart is broken.....sigh. i hope that one day God will bless me with a husband and children that my heart longs for. thank you for your post. i appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete