Wednesday, November 30, 2011

who are my neighbors - pt1

inspiration: Scott Williams' sermon last weekend


ChurchDiversity.com


I only have a few minutes before work this morning, but I wanted to share this video...



Scott Williams really challenged us with a powerful message regarding church diversity.
11AM on Sunday morning still remains one of the most segregated hours - racially and spiritually.


We're called as the body of Christ to not be a body of white believers, black believers, Baptist believers, Methodist believers. We're called to be the body of Christ! United and living the true Gospel.


We're called to love the Lord, first and foremost in our lives, but also to love our neighbor as ourselves.


And he answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself." (Luke 10:27)


...so who are my neighbors? Who are those around me that I need to love as myself? Been challenged by that lately....


(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment