Friday, September 2, 2011

humbled by grace.

inspiration: a video from theWell last night.

this is kind of part two from the message last night.
i wanted to make this a separate blog because there was just so much more that i wanted to say and express and i thought two blogs would be easiest to do that.
Check out my blog about last night's sermon here

i couldn't find the actual video that they showed - but last night at the end of the message, before we had table discussions, we watched a video featuring John Knight and his family.
Ernest sent me the link:

This was grace - short film from Andrew Laparra on Vimeo.


Here is the link as well: http://vimeo.com/11560198

his son is blind, autistic, and has a growth hormone deficiency.
his wife also revealed that she has stage 4 breast cancer.

it wasn't the bad news that struck me.
it wasn't their circumstances that made me cry (i admit, i had quite a bit of eye leakage after watching it).
it was their joy that convicted me of my own selfishness.
it was hearing Paul singing "Jesus Loves The Little Children" that made tears swell.


you hear about a family like that and you think "oh man, that's terrible"
but you see them and you're like "oh man, that's powerful!"

not once during that video did i feel sorry for them.
in fact, i wish i had their sense of faith. and joy.

at some point in the video, i believe John mentioned the fact that he cherished every day with his son and his wife because it was by God's grace that they were still there - and if he didn't say it like that, he certainly implied it with every word he said.

i don't know about you, but i want that kind of joy!!!

how many days do i wake up thinking, "Mannnn. I don't want to go to work. I don't want to do this. I don't want to do that"?? More than I want to admit.
but every day and everything is a blessing from God.

i was reminded of that.

my pride is one my biggest, if not THE biggest, flaw i have.
but i was straight up humbled by that video last night.

i want to have the faith of the Knights.
i want to have the joy of Paul.
i want every day to be reminded of the grace that God is showing to me.
i want to be humbled every day for everything i have.

my heart was pierced by a boy who may never see the world and all its beauty.
he will never get married and have children.
he will never experience the things that you and i will.

but he worshiped and he sang and he praised with everything in him.
he humbled me and reminded me what life is all about.

[John Knight writes a blog called "The Works Of God" - check it out HERE]

No comments:

Post a Comment