Sunday, August 21, 2011

passionate.

inspiration: The Cross Centered Life.

I just started reading the cross centered life by C.J. Mahaney.
I have a feeling this could become my new "Radical" (in the fact that it's a book that will challenge and encourage me to take my relationship with Christ to the next level.

One of the quotes that has already stood out to me thus far in the 23 pages I've read is this:

"If there's anything in life that we should be passionate about, it's the gospel. And I don't mean passionate only about sharing it with others. I mean passionate in thinking about it, dwelling on it, rejoicing in it, allowing it to color the way we look at the world." (21)

I've always considered myself passionate about my relationship with Christ.
But the more I read, the more I realize that it's not the thing I'm MOST passionate about.

I'm eager and quick to talk about music, books, movies, and especially FOOD!
I'm even eager to share my faith story and the power of redemption and joy that I've found in Christ and the amazing things He has done in and through me.
...but if I'm honest, is He the center of my thoughts and actions?
Not always.

I want my life and thoughts to be renewed so that He truly is my passion.
And I pray that I can be transformed so that I may truly living a cross-centered lifed.

No comments:

Post a Comment