Tuesday, July 19, 2011

a woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ....

inspiration: two months into my "one-year challenge"

so, i'm two months into my "one year challenge". about a month ago, i took a huge leap and deleted some people as Facebook friends who were keeping my heart from being truly devoted to preparing my heart for my future husband. not going to lie, it was a difficult thing to do and wrestling with my season of singleness has been hard at times, but i finally feel at peace with everything.
a few days ago, i decided to change my perspective about it. instead of treating this year as a "countdown until i can "date" again" thing, i'm looking at it through the lens that i am wholeheartedly devoting ten more months to become a more godly woman and to prepare my heart for my future husband.

"Relationships aren't about finding the right person, it's about becoming the right person."
(a quote that has been said in many different ways)

i made a short list of promises that i made for myself in order to keep perspective and motivation about these next ten months.


for me, i don't want my season of singleness to be about finding the "right" person. i want to focus on living a life devoted wholly to Christ -- because in HIM I will always be made complete and when He brings the person He has planned for me, i know it will be completely in His hands on on His timetable.

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man must be seeking Him in order to find her."

2 comments:

  1. Excellent, thank you for the inspiring words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful...so happy for what God did for you

    ReplyDelete