Friday, July 8, 2011

i'd sure hate to break down here...

inspiration: trying to rejoice in the midst of hard times...(btw, the title are the lyrics to a song called "Break Down Here" by Julie Roberts

so i got to see my lovely friend Kasey from back home tonight!
we went and had an amaaaazing meal at Amalfi's and it was fun to hang out and catch up!

but when i took her back to the hotel, i went inside to meet her mom; and when i came back out to leave, my car wouldn't start :(
it's frustrating because i've invested a lot in my car as far as repairs go; it's almost paid off and i'm sincerely hoping i will still be able to drive it for a long while after it's paid off...

but the dealership i have to have my car towed to (per my insurance company) is closed and they can't tow it there until in the morning. again, frustrating.

but i'm very lucky...

1. i have Geico Roadside Assistance, so luckily i was able to call them and they got in touch with a towing company; also Geico will cover the tow (to the nearest dealership or to the mileage of the nearest dealership and i'd have to pay the difference if i went somewhere else). and even though it was kind of was an epic fail tonight, at least i have it!

2. Kasey and i made it back to where her parents were, so we weren't stuck in Mount Pleasant!

3. i had jumper cables: even though it didn't start my car, at least i had them.

4. i got to spend time with an awesome friend (who's parents are awesome for helping me out as much as they could!)

5. i made it safely home thanks to them.


soo while it is frustrating that everything didn't happen the way i wanted it to, i know it's all in God's hands and will get taken care of. i'm thinking my insurance may even cover a rental car if my car's in the shop. but we'll see. God's going to provide. thank goodness :D

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:4-7

counting my blessings tonight because i have a lot to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. Im so glad I got to spend time with you catching up tonight! I can't believe this happened but im happy I could be there for you. You're such a good friend and im glad to be able to show you how much your friendship means to me. Let's keep in touch more when I go back! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete