Friday, July 29, 2011

He works in mysterious ways...

inspiration: encouraged by the fact that God cannot be predicted.

confession: i've always been skeptical of the concept of meeting my future husband online.
confession: i have been and to a degree still am skeptical about the concept of online dating.

truth: God works in mysterious ways.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

(Isaiah 55:8-9)


i confess and offer truth for two reasons.
one being that one of my best friends Kelsey (@christianqt07) is in a fantastic relationship with an amazing guy (who i haven't met, but the way she talks about him, i know he is just fabulous!) and they met online. i'm so happy for them because i know what a great catch Kelsey is and how passionate she is for God; her zeal for life is infectious!

secondly, one of my Twitter friends, Tony (@tonyjalicea), is getting married in a couple months and he met his wife through his blog. we've been following each other for a while now, but i never knew his story until another one of my Twitter friends, Darrell (@dvest) posted Tony's story. Read it here


confession: normally, i would find myself to be a bit jealous.
truth: i'm not.

i'm actually encouraged because my preconceived thoughts about how i will meet my future spouse may not be what God has planned for me. my thoughts are not God's - His thoughts are greater!

i'm encouraged because of the stories i hear of how people i know have met their spouses.
and to be honest, they are far better than the recycled plotlines that Hollywood uses in its attempt to define what true love is.

i know that if/when God begins to reveal my love story to me, that it will be beautifully scripted. God is the Author of all creation and i know He has written a beautiful love story for me too!

i'm encouraged.
and i'm excited!

3 comments:

  1. don't knock it til you try it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wise to be skeptical. At the same time, don't rule it out if things start to fall into place. And by start to fall into place, I mean that you don't have to force anything. That's how it happened for me.

    It's been a crazy ride but it was never forced...ever. That's a big part of how I knew it was right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God will bring the perfect person to you when the time is right. Stay encouraged and know at some point it will happen.

    ReplyDelete