Saturday, June 25, 2011

"what the heck am i going to do with my life?"

inspiration: Redefining Life for Women

my small group is awesome!
we're working through "Redefining Life for Women" and i was doing my reading for Monday and i came across the section mentioned in the title: "What the heck am I going to do with my life?"

Love what this says:

"The question challenges us to look at the core of who we are as individuals, discover our talents and giftings, and come to terms with our weaknesses. When we dare to ask the question what the heck am i going to do with my life?, we step into a realm where anything -- including growth, transformation, and change -- is possible. Risk, failure, and loss are all potential outcomes, but so are success, innovation and the possibility of building a legacy that lives beyond us.

What the heck am I going to do with my life? isn't a safe question, but it has the power to awaken dormant dreams and silent desires. It has the ability to both compel and propel us to fulfill our lifelong calling and purpose. And that makes it a question worth asking. (53)

what i bolded is my favorite part about the quote.
we can let the possibility of failure keep us from living radically sold out lives for Christ.
or we can step out in faith.

There is no such thing as risk-free faith. And you can't experience success without risking failure. (In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, 114)

it's okay to not know what you want to do.
because will God will reveal His plans for you.
all you have to do is trust that! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts and quotes. I think every Christian is called to find their life purpose. The key is to find your strengths and they will lead you to what your called to do.

    (I will have to have my wife read this post).

    ReplyDelete