Sunday, June 12, 2011

fight the good fight.

inspiration: my "Daily Encouragement..." devotional.

lately, i've been feeling a bit distanced from God. not because of anything that's happened, but i was convicted a bit about the things i've been focusing my heart and attention on. i've had my heart and mind set on earthly things rather than heavenly things (see Colossians 3:2).

this was yesterday's devotional.
it reminded me of the life i am called to live:

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." -2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV)


After his conversion on the road to Damascus, the apostle Paul was irrevocably committed to the Lord. His single purpose in life was to be a living testimony for Christ. He was intensely focused and passionately dedicated to sharing the gospel. Whatever it took, he was willing to give, even if it meant hardships and suffering.

Will we be able to say the same as we look back on our lives? Th Christian life is a daily spiritual battle. Take captive every thought and make it obedient to God's truth. Run the race with perseverance in the strength that God can give. Don't give up when the road is difficult. Keep your eyes on Jesus.

Paul's reward was a crown of righteousness given to him by the Lord. We can hope for the same. Keep focused and determined. God doesn't promise smooth sailing through life, but He does promise to be with us every step of the way. Let's run past the finish line of life's race as we fall into the arms of Jesus.


Dear Lord, help me persevere in my Christian walk. May I be used by You for eternal purposes. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment