Sunday, May 22, 2011

my golden thread.

inspiration: what God is using "my story" to represent.

i wrote about my SHE Retreat experience here -- so check that out for a recap of the weekend and what God spoke to me through this weekend.

in this particular blog, i want to focus on something more intimate: what my "story" is about.

at the end of Mel's message today, she mentioned this: all our stories (testimonies) say different things about God. she mentioned that the "golden thread" in her story was that God is faithful. (side note: danyelle, courtney, and i rode back with Mel and she shared her testimony with us - but i was so exhausted that i fell asleep, so i missed it :( i'll definitely have to meet up with Mel again soon to hear it!)

but she asked us "What is the 'golden thread' in your story?"
what is the like "theme" of our experiences with God?

i think my golden thread is that God is full of grace and will always use our experiences for our good.

you may know my story.
you may not know my story.
if you ever want to hear my story, i am more than happy to share it!**

but in a nutshell, i fell away from God for an extended period of time in college -- not in my beliefs, but in the way i was living my life. i was in an unhealthy relationship and made some poor choices. in the end, it led to a breakup, heartache, and some self-esteem and identity issues. but over the last year and a half or so, God has been working in my life sooooo much! i experienced first hand the amazing power of grace and having people around me who model unconditional love. my friends are some of the best around. and i mean that sincerely. when i first met some of them, they didn't know me from Adam. but they helped me get through some of the lowest moments of my life; and even now that we've known each other for a while and built amazing friendships, they continue to model grace and love. and it's only a small portion of God's love for me!!!

also, i think the recurring theme for the last couple years of my life would definitely be Romans 8:28:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

in ALL things, God works for the good of those who love Him.
through all the pain i experienced, God has made a new creation in me.
i was beyond broken - i was SHATTERED!
but God molded me into a living testimony of his love and grace.

because of the pain, i know what happiness truly is.
because of the pain, i know what true grace is.
i have friends who remind me every single day of God's impeccable timing.
i've been blessed with some of the most amazing experiences that never would've occurred had I not gone through what i did.
i feel strong and encouraged every single time i hear Romans 8:28 because i know that it is 1000000% true!

what is your golden thread? i would love to hear your stories, too!

**so if you know me in person, talk to me. but if you are just a reader of my blog and want to know more, feel free to e-mail me!! i would love to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment