Wednesday, May 25, 2011

giving it up to God.

inspiration: learning to let go.

i like to hold on to things.
pictures of fun adventures.
trinkets that hold value.
memories that make me smile.
and worries.
i'm a worry wart by nature and by practice.
i almost worried myself sick last night.
and i'm worrying now about my finances.

last week, i committed to tithing at every paycheck and i have my friends from small group holding me accountable. and it seems like i just can't get past the "making-ends-meet" phase.

i'm worrying about my future.
like what does God have planned for me?
will i get to go on a mission trip this October?
what if i can't make the money?

what if's overwhelm me.
and i shouldn't let them.

i need to remember that God will change all my "What if..."s to "I will..."s

"...with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26b)

He will provide for me according to His plans for my life.
i can't always see the bigger picture, but luckily God's in control of my life.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

i pray i can give it all up to God.
all my worries. all my fears. all my anxieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment