Saturday, May 14, 2011

finding God's peace.

inspiration: praying for God's peace in singleness.

a couple weeks ago, i began praying for God's peace in the area of singleness.
i finally came to a place where i was tired of holding on to something that i needed to let go of in order to draw closer to God.

i remember praying on Friday night for peace in singleness.
i was ready to let break free from a chain that was keeping me from being close to God.

by Monday, i was at peace with everything.
i had heard a great sermon from Geoff Surratt about being in transitions in life and always trusting in God's provision, passion, purpose, and plans for our lives and i was willing to give up my selfish desires and to trust in God's plans for my life.

i knew that it was completely God granting me His spirit because i had been wrestling with God about this situation for months, and to be at peace in the course of 72 hours was completely Him.

i shared my heart with my sister (Joyann) and she said this:

"I'm so happy and encouraged by that! :)
That shows that all you have to do is ask and sincerely want to be changed. Christ is always waiting and wanting for our desires to be set to His. :) that's beautiful! :)"

i made the comment "I just wish I were more willing to change sometimes. Haha. That whole battle was, what, like 6 months?! :P"

but she said this and i thought it was beautifully profound:

"There's a reason and purpose for all of that. If we had no struggle, God wouldn't be as real to us when we overcome those struggles through Him. We'd lose the opportunity to see so much of His power."

I've said it before and I'll say it again: My sister is wise beyond her years.

i'm just so thankful that i serve a God who is mighty to save and ready to bless us when we pour out our hearts to Him. He is there through the good times and the bad. and i'm super glad that i have His peace now. :)

"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment