Friday, March 11, 2011

night and day.

inspiration: still processing...

so, this time last week, i was a hot. stress. mess.
there are no other words. i was at the end of my rope and frustrated and lonely and doubtful.

this week has been a complete 180 from that.
i haven't been as stressed or frustrated with myself.

it really is like night and day.

i'm still kind of processing and wondering how it could be.
but all i know is that it was ALL God!

this week, there has only been one instance (wednesday afternoon) when i got overwhelmed and was truly frustrated and it passed pretty quickly. i talked to my parents for a while and watched Miss Congeniality and had myself a really good laugh and then thursday morning, everything got resolved and i was on my merry way.

last night, at theWell, Ernest talked about "Kairos" moments -- i'm really not sure of the technicalities of what the Greek really means, but from what I understood, "kairos" are the moments where God seems to kind of meet us where we are. He convicts us and then it's up to us to make the choice: do we choose to trust Him and follow Him or do we continue on our currently worldly path and ignore God's tug.

i think last Friday at 4AM, God blessed me with a "kairos" moment: i could either give up my worries, struggles, anxieties, and fears up to him, or continue to be the stressed-out-hot-mess of a person who was emotionally, spiritually, and physically drained.

i could either continue to wallow in self-pity. or rise up and be filled with JOY that comes not from my circumstances but from my Creator!!

Romans 8:28 - "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Philippians: 4:4-7 -- "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

with the help of great company last weekend and the strength and provision of God this week, i can honestly say that I'm glad went through last week. it makes rejoicing in the "good" moments even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment