Wednesday, March 23, 2011

coming back to the heart of worship.

inspiration: Christy Nockels concert

tonight was so much fun!
after battling ridiculous North Charleston traffic, i met up with my friend from church, Mel, at Chick-Fil-A and then rode with her to a church in North Chas for a Christy Nockels concert. Best $5 I've spent in a long time! It was a wonderful time of worship.

the last song we sang was "The Heart of Worship".
it really touched my soul because i feel like lately i've missed the true *heart* of worship.

I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
It's all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You
It's all about You, Jesus

i've been relying too much on myself, lately.
it's wearing me down, too.
work is a bit overwhelming...
but i have to know that no matter what, i've got to live for CHRIST.
i have to worship Him and believe in His promises TRULY!
all of His plans for me are going to come to fruition.
and thank goodness He is in control and not me!!

i talked to a complete stranger last night on Facebook about how amazing God is when we put our trust completely in Him. it was a very encouraging message. this person, who doesn't know anything about me, told me to put my complete trust in God and that she would be praying for me. how cool is that?!

it was quite encouraging.
i have to know that even when i have no clue what the future holds, that HE does!
and every single circumstance, whether good or bad, is being used for HIS glory and for my good!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment