Friday, January 7, 2011

take THAT, satan!!

inspiration: "Our God is greater. Our God is stronger. God, you are HIGHER than any other!!"

i woke up this morning feeling completely under spiritual attack.
you know when you wake up and you feel like you're just not worth anything? you feel completely unprepared for anything and everything? well, that's how i felt. it was the strangest feeling, considering i had just interviewed for an amazing job with an amazing company in an amazing place! (Web Developer position with Hawkes Learning Systems in Charleston, SC). but for whatever reason, Satan decided he was going to thwart my attempts to praise God by placing fears and insecurity in my mind.


i TRIED to read Scripture this morning.
i TRIED to read my devotional this morning.
i TRIED to focus on all the things God is going to do in Costa Rica this week (which, by the way, i am SOOOOO excited about being a part of!)

but to my avail, my "TRYING" did nothing. i quickly realized that trying wasn't the answer. TRUSTING was. i prayed for strength to God, because i knew it wasn't something i could overcome without Him; i texted several people from my missions team to pray for me (we discussed spiritual attack one night and how we knew we were going to face it and how the power of prayer would thwart Satan's attacks) and i got back a lot of responses, which definitely made me feel a lot better.

and then i got a phone call from Darren, with whom i've been interviewing and met with Wednesday, and he extended a job offer to me officially! i immediately said "I Accept!" and he wished me a great trip and told me to call him when i get back from Costa Rica to hammer down the details of the job and moving and all that!

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
-Ephesians 6:10-12

My GOD truly is above ALL things and i know that without Him, i am capable of nothing. finding peace with HIS will for my life will bring me ultimate peace and happiness. i am blessed, though i deserve none of it. i am strong because He gives me strength!

so TAKE THAT, SATAN! God is mightier than you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment