Saturday, January 22, 2011

do not be afraid

inspiration: less than 48 hours.

in less than 48 hours, i will be moved (hopefully) and working on "settling in" to a new place.
living in a new city.
a new state, for that matter.
about to start a new job.
meeting lots of new people.
and beginning a new life.

not gonna lie, all this "new" is kind of overwhelming.

but my pastor, Chad, put on his facebook status today: "Hey people. I don't know what you're going through today but, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)"

(thanks, Chad!)

i feel like if this is where God wants me (and i DO feel like He wants me here. His hand and His provision have been incredibly evident through everything from the job to the moving) then He will obviously not leave or forsake me.
this "adventure", if you will, is going to strengthen me.
not only am i branching out, but i am going to be dependent on Him more than ever.

through potential homesickness.
being in a new land.
finding a new church home.
learning new things.
starting a new "big girl" job!

"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." -1 Timothy 4:12

it will either be a time to break or a time to grow. and i know that in all circumstances, i will be provided for. it's an overwhelming thing to be moving away from all things comfortable. but i hope to be a good example of faith in my new workplace and to remain faithful in all circumstances to Christ.

i will not be afraid.
for I know God is always with me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment