- we just got back to Franco's for the evening from our prayer walk.
- it was my first prayer walk and i never really knew what to expect.
- we went back to the project church and worshiped. again, the language barrier was present, but it didn't keep us from worshiping! it was actually neat to be singing a song in english while the worship team sang it in spanish (we sang "God of Wonders" and "Came to My Rescue" and another Hillsong song that I didn't know...)
- we broke into smaller groups and prayed for different parts of the project, then went out to some new land that the project acquired and prayed there, and also for the areas in the community that is plagued with drug abuse, prostitution, violence, etc.
- it was a great experience because no matter what we prayed for or where we prayed or how we prayed in groups, we were all praying for the vision of the Abraham Project and for the will of God to be done in all areas.
- btw, our group was "Team Awesome".
- we came back, went over the itinerary for tomorrow and i led the devotional. it was about spiritual gifts and how no matter what our talents or gifts are, they will be used for the glory of God. i'm so blessed to be part of an incredible team. each one of us is blessed and without any member of the team, it wouldn't be "right". i know that i am still wondering just how exactly i will be "used" over this next week, but God called me here for a reason, and i know that His will will be done and His glory will be shown through me.
- At the prayer walk, Ron mentioned that we may not see the fruits of our labor, but everything will work together for the glory of His Kingdom!
"There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men." -1 Corinthians 12:4-6
"Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are manyh form one body, and each member belongs to all others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us." -Romans 12:4-6
Like I mentioned to my team earlier, Jennifer approached me about doing a devotional this week and I declined. But through a series of events and God placing these Scriptures on my heart, I trusted God would use me and hopefully the words He gave me were well received by everyone.
Well, we officially start work tomorrow and I'm excited!!!
- a good night's rest tonight
- for the team as we begin our projects and assignments tomorrow
- safety for the team
- the kids. Jason and Kerby.
- the Abraham Project
- the neighborhoods and people we prayed for tonight. that they would be convicted of their struggles, drugs, violence, etc. and they would turn to Christ and be filled with HIS love!
A few pics to come soon :)