Saturday, January 29, 2011

adventure is out there!

inspiration: i encourage everyone to make their own adventures!

i've been immensely blessed with opportunities that i never dreamed would ever come to fruition.
i had the absolute most amazing college experience ever.
i am convinced that my friends are the best. ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i got a job right after graduation.
i'm now living in charleston!
i'm loving the company i work for and can't wait to start on my "real job" next week!
i've been skydiving.
i've served in Costa Rica.
i was blessed immensely with an amazing church family.
and i can't wait to see what God has in store for me here.

i've been on lots of "adventures" and i love sharing my adventures with everyone.
but with all that said, if i'm being honest, it's a lot of pressure.

pressure to succeed.
pressure to be happy.
pressure to keep everything together.

i'm constantly battling myself to keep my ego and pride under control and praising God instead.
i've made a lot of mistakes in the past and i still struggle a lot with some of the same issues now. sometimes, the mistakes of the past haunt me and Satan will sneak in and tell me i'm not worth fighting for. but i battle Satan with the power of Truth.
i am nothing without Christ.

"i can do all things through CHRIST who gives me strength." -Phil 4:13
Philippians 4:13 is probably the most oft-quoted verse in my blog; and if not here, definitely in my life.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Corinthians 12:9

i say all this because sometimes i feel like i'm compared unfairly to others.
i feel like people write me off because of my circumstances.
i feel like sometimes people don't truly know how much i struggle.
i tend to keep my issues self-contained.
i'm pretty introverted about things and i'm a crazy-bad worrier.

don't get me wrong, i'm an optimist, by nature and proud of it.
i'm pretty bold and adventurous and slightly crazy.
i dare to dance.
i dare to be myself.
but, still, i struggle immensely.
in life.
in love.
in my relationship with Christ.
i'm still a sinner.
and a bad one, nonetheless.
but i've been redeemed!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" -2 Corinthians 5:17

i've been blessed immensely, but i need not be judged or compared because of my circumstances.
every single one of us has a purpose on this earth.
every single one of us is a child of God, whether we're in ministry, the work force, school, home, wherever.
every single one of us was uniquely created to serve God.
every single one of us was created for an adventure!

"Be very careful, then, how you live -- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is." -Ephesians 5:15-17

live every day to the fullest. carpe diem!
just tie on your cape and trust God to take you where He wills you to be.
God brought me to Charleston.
but embrace wherever He is taking you :D

my favorite quote ever from my favorite movie ever: "Adventure is out there!" (Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment