Friday, December 31, 2010

a tribute to the past and an ode to the future

inspiration: it's New Years Eve!!

i honestly can't say whether i've ever been this excited about New Years Eve or not. i would have to say i probably haven't. in years past, it's been "just another day". but i experienced so much in 2010 that i can't wait to start 2011!!

this time last year, i was in a completely different state of mind. i had made so many mistakes and just wanted to simply go from "old year" to "new year"...to have that fresh start. and luckily, God blessed me immensely in 2010 to be able to do that.

God works in amazing ways like that. He can make us new.

Over the last couple days, I kept hearing references to 2 Corinthians 5:17 and I was like "God, I know you're bringing this up in my life for a reason. What is it?" I think I just realized it

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come."

-2 Corinthians 5:17

While the context is a bit different, the concept still remains: when we give up the past we've held on to and choose to walk with Christ in us and allow Him to guide our paths for the future, we are completely new creations.

He can rebuild us.
He can restore us.
He can heal us.
And He will.

I read a blog from my friend Van (Check it out HERE) and I really related to it well because it spoke to my heart about the year 2009.

and if 2010 can be summed up into a word for me, it would be GROWTH. and the most significant growth i experienced was in my relationship with Christ! That in itself is pretty much a summation of why 2010 was so amazing:

because of Him, my bonds and friendships were strengthened
because of Him, i received healing from a broken relationship and past mistakes
because of Him, i started serving at a church and it changed my heart forever
because of Him, i'm about to embark on my first missions trip to serve in Costa Rica

Allow Him to be the Lord of your life and trust in His paths. He will do all that He has promised and planned.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

-Proverbs 3:5-6

"Let 2011 be the year you don’t regret and let it be filled with accomplishments and Love."

-Van Riggins

Happy New Years everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment