Wednesday, December 8, 2010

surreal-ization

inspiration: i'm travelling down a road and approaching a sign that says "Welcome to Adulthood"

graduation is in 9 days.
we're in single digits now! this is legit!!

today was my last day of classes. crazy!
last week i was absolutely SWAMPED with tests, assignments, etc. and this week, it has been so chill that i totally wasn't focused on it being over, i was just thinking "i'm glad i don't have to do anymore assignments!" and before i knew it *BAM!* my 2nd and last class of the day was over.

it's still kind of a surreal feeling.
i'll get up tomorrow, go to boot camp for the last time this semester. i'll do my push-ups, crunches, run my mile, take my weight/BMI/all-that-jazz and i'll be done.
and i'll come home and instead of going to Trane, I'll ... (well, drive home to go to a dentist appointment. YUCK!), but the point is, I won't be going to Trane.

i'm almost done.
three finals stand between me and walking across the stage, getting my fake diploma, taking lots of pictures, and being finished with college! (i'll get my REAL diploma around Valentine's Day week of 2011...or so i've been told :D)

i'm in this final stretchhhh...
but wondering "what's next?"
what's next for me is a job. hopefully in Charleston. maybe here, though. wherever God wants me.
what's next for me is a new chapter of life. i've been in school for 16-and-a-half years. i think it's fair to say that this next chapter is going to be WAAAY different.
what's next for me is a new set of opportunities for God to use me! i'm excited about all the opportunities and adventures that He will place before me. i'm so scared and so unsure of how I could possibly be used, but i know that He will equip me for every good work that He wants me to do.

it's a crazy surreal feeling of being an "almost-adult".
i'm excited. scared. anxious. but mostly excited.
i don't know what lies ahead. but i know what my purpose is: to bring Christ's name fame in whatever I'm doing, wherever I'm doing it.


However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. -Acts 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment