Wednesday, December 1, 2010

hope, patience, prayer

inspiration: ‎"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." --Romans 12:12 (ESV)

lately, I've been able to experience unmatched happiness. i realize everyday is a gift from God and i try to meditate and focus on all the blessings He is pouring out on me. things sometimes get hard, but i'm learning more and more to rely on God and trust in His timing and His plans for me. i'm learning to give up control and to let His hands work in my life rather than trying to accomplish everything of my own work and accord.

right now, i'm juggling working on schoolwork, graduating, finding a job, hanging out with friends, but most importantly, staying focused on Christ!! everything has been much easier now that my priorities have been in order with Christ topping the list; but sometimes, focusing on Christ instead of focusing on me gets hard.

this is especially hard in the relationship realm and in my pursuit for a job as well. i had a phone interview today with a company in Charleston, South Carolina that i heard about from Kim and Tristan (my small group leaders). Kim absolutely gushed about how great the company was and how much she loves Charleston (and after my interview today, I'm pretty sure Kim and Darren, the programming manager of the company, should be spokespeople for Charleston!). i knew it was a great opportunity considering Kim recommended ME for it and after hearing all the wonderful things she said about it, but after talking to Darren, i can truly say that working there would be AMAZING!

prior to about 2:30 this afternoon though, i was in the mindset of "i don't want to move, i want to stay in clarksville" (complete 180 from this time last month!), so trying to get back in to the mindset of being open to relocating is tough. i don't want to leave my family, friends, and church. i don't want to leave a potential relationship. but i know that God's plans are greater than mine. after all, He calls us to forsake all others, take up our cross and follow Him daily, right? (see Luke 14:25-33)

therefore,
i'm hopeful in Christ.
i'm trying to be patient about this job and other aspects of my life.
i'm in constant prayer as well for guidance and strength.

i know that wherever God wants me is where i need to be.
i just have to be diligently always listening for His guidance and praying about preparing my heart for whatever He has planned. whether it's clarksville or charleston. single or not. whatever circumstances i may be encountering, i am ready and willing to do whatever needs to be done to praise God for His blessings. i must find my strength in Christ rather than circumstances. whatever He has willed for me is what will come to fruition and i have to trust that it is for His glory!


"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:12-13

1 comment:

  1. You have my support in whatever decision that you make! Proud of you for keeping your priorities straight and focused on the ultimate "prize"!!

    ReplyDelete