Saturday, December 11, 2010

finding strength in weakness.

inspiration: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. -2 Corinthians 12:9-10


i can't do it all on my own.
i can't handle or control everything in my life.
i like to put up the front that i know what i'm doing, that i am "prepared" for the future, that i have it all together. but i don't. i'm weak and i'm suffering.

i make mistakes (a lot).
i mess things up (a lot).
but Christ's grace is far greater than my mistakes and my messes.
i know that as long as i boast in the Cross and look to Christ for my strength, God will be glorified in all my life; not only when i am happy, but also when i am weak! Satan may try to sneak into my life and throw hatred, sorrow, regret, and self-pity my way. he may try to get me to believe his lies. but as long as i boast in the Cross, I will be strengthened to overcome Satan's deception. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment