Friday, December 10, 2010

dear self-pity.

inspiration: dear x.

it seems a bit ironic to me that the emotions i experienced a year ago today (when i created this blog...Happy Birthday, Faith Overflow) are the same feelings that are present in me now. giving up something that i long for dearly (a relationship) is never easy for me. but doing it in order to make sure i'm keeping Christ my top priority and to make sure i'm not a hindrance to someone's else walk with Christ is top priority!

not gonna lie, i'm questioning if i did the right thing and i'm hurt and a little bummed. all the same as last year. but this time, i'm not going to let self-pity take hold of my life!!

i heard Disciple's "Dear X" on the radio earlier and it really struck a chord with me:


Dear pain, oh, it’s been a long time
Remember when you were holding me tight
I would stay awake with you all night
Dear shame, I was safe in your arms
You were there when it all fell apart
I would get so lost in your beautiful lies

I let you go
But you’re still chasing

Go ahead, you’re never gonna take me
You can bend, but you’re never gonna break me
I was yours; I’m not yours anymore
Oh, you don’t own me





dear self pity,
it's easy to listen to your lies.
it's easy to let you reign in my life.
but you don't own me anymore.
i am a daughter of Christ.
whatever He has willed for me is what I'm standing firm in.
i'm not yours anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment