Thursday, October 7, 2010

strength.

inspiration: it's amazing the strength God will instill in your heart when you choose to die to yourself and live for Him.

i declared a couple nights ago that I was going to throw my selfish desire for a relationship aside. and ever since then, i've felt overwhelmingly strengthened by Christ. it's easy to blame circumstances ("I've been so busy, I haven't had time to think about guys."), and while the circumstance of my busyness does remain true, I don't believe that it's because of that that I am feeling so strong.

last night, at Aqua, Brandon talked about how when we TRULY become followers of Christ, we can have complete freedom in Him. We don't have to be held back by chains and we don't have to think that a simple piece of twine limits us: we are free in Him!

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." --Galatians 5:1

I am FREE in Christ!
I am free to be whoever I want to be.
I am not yoked by my past. I am not chained by my sins.
He loves me unconditionally.
He forgives me over.
and over.
and over.
I have been redeemed through His blood on the Cross.

It's easy to find strength in Christ when I'm not trying to get the attention of a guy.
It's easy to find strength in Christ when I know that He loves me no matter what.
When I find my identity in Him and Him alone.

Relationships will probably always be a struggle for me.
But I know that, in time, God will bring me together with the person it's meant to be with and I won't have to struggle to be accepted. He and I will both have our identities in Christ and our love for Christ will be reflected in our relationship with each other.
Until that relationship comes though, I am going to remain in Christ's identity.
Relying fully on Christ's strength rather than my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment