Monday, October 25, 2010

our trials make us stronger

inspiration: it's been a day!

i've been up since 4:30AM and i've been going-and-going-and-going-and-going all day.
it's been a long and tiring day with a lot of ups and downs along the way.

i've been tested in many ways (and after a shocking revelation of theft again, i'm still being tested, and trying to find the strength to forgive...), but i've also been blessed in many ways.

i have a lot on my plate this week (that's quite an understatement), but i know that God will continue to strengthen me and bless me with peace.

this week:
-meetings with job recruiters Tuesday and Wednesday.
-two tests to study for.
-a presentation on Wednesday.
-a paper due Monday.
-boot camp.

patience is wearing thin.
stress is overwhelming.
but i am relying on God to get me through every moment of this week, and next week, and the week after that, etc.

i realize that it's not all about me. just because i'm struggling doesn't mean i'm failing; just because i'm experiencing these hardships doesn't mean i'm doing anything wrong. it's just God's way of keeping me in check in my faith - to rely on HIM instead of ME!


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. -2 Corinthians 12:9-10


i don't have it all under control, and i never will.
my strength is FROM CHRIST and i have to remember that each and every day, i am blessed by Him with the gift of life.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you said about bad things that are going on in our lives are not necessarily because we are/we did something bad, but because God wants to refine our faith. ILY!

    ReplyDelete