Wednesday, September 1, 2010

if you want more Jesus: ask.

inspiration: i asked for Jesus: I GOT JESUS!!

a couple days ago, i felt so exhausted. physically, mentally, and spiritually.
i was missing a lot of Jesus in my life and i knew it. i blogged about it. i prayed about it. i made a conscious effort to praise Christ even though i was feeling a little insecure about my walk.

and now it's 48 hours later, i'm feeling Jesus EVERYWHERE.
through friendships, relationships, opportunities.

i asked for more Jesus and I GOT MORE JESUS!

The popular "Ask, Seek, Knock" references come to mind during times like this.


"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

--Matthew 7:7-12


I needed more Jesus in my life. I needed comfort and love and grace and compassion. Not from anyone other than Jesus. I needed His healing, mercy, and love. And He came through for me when I needed Him to most.

I needed a devotional: He led to me to where I could find one; I went Monday night to Lifeway Christian Stores and found one that jumped out at me and has been encouraging me and lifting me up to Him daily; I needed friendship and laughter through a Christ-centered relationship: I got to talk to Heather last night about how much we both need good Christ-centered men in our lives to set an example for us. we talked about our burdens and struggles, and Jesus was just present during our conversation, offering healing and compassion and mercy; today, I had an interview with Ingersoll-Rand/Trane to do my internship with them for my final curriculum: God blessed me with the opportunity to jump-start my professional career! (I start next Tuesday and I'm super excited and extremely nervous); tonight, I will be worshiping with a ton of APSU students at AQUA! I just KNOW God is going to be massively present as we go through the events of tonight. He will bring healing to those of us who are broken, peace to those who are restless, and compassion to those who need a place to fit in.

I am reminded time and time again of the awesome majesty of Our Creator. He never leaves nor forsakes us. When we ask for Him, He answers. It's just a matter of asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment