Saturday, September 18, 2010

correction and advice.

inspiration: my beautiful friend, Joyann and Proverbs 12

so i talked to my friend, joyann, tonight and was telling her about a certain situation regarding my ex-boyfriend. i didn't realize how much it would affect her when i told her, but it really upset her and it tore me apart, in addition to really catching me off guard.

she gave me advice that i absolutely did not want to hear. and my heart and emotions are telling me to just let what's supposed to happen, happen. but the rest of me telling me that she is right and i need to take her advice.

and right after i got off the phone with her, this was the status of my church:


Fools are headstrong and do what they like; wise people take advice. Proverbs 12:15


this situation definitely is not one that i want to deal with. if i were an ostrich, my head would be in the sand right now. and as retarded as i am being right now, i'm also being very honest.

and Proverbs 12 is absolutely kicking my butt.
i'm reading it and i'm just being convicted because i know what i need to do. and i just can't muster the strength to do it. it's going to cause more pain because i let my guard down. it's going to open old wounds because i let myself get emotionally attached again. it's going to stinkkkkkk because i really want it to be different. but i know that the heart is deceitful above all things and i need to guard it from anything that will take my focus away from Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment