Tuesday, September 21, 2010

cleared for graduation.

inspiration: graduation email.

yesterday, i took my Senior Exit Exam as required by the University to graduate in December. and today, i got my "cleared for graduation" e-mail that stated that as long as i pass this semester, i will be able to graduate December 17, 2010! :D :D

i'm so excited about this.
i'm genuinely excited about all the opportunities that are ahead :)
excited. and also terrified (as i have expressed in many other blog posts).

and lately Matthew 5:14 has really been on my heart.
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden."

am i really shining a light for Christ?
or is my "city on a hill" my selfishness?
i certainly hope it's the former rather than the latter.

i pray that i am shining a light for Christ.
verses 15 and 16 go on to state: "Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

i pray that in all my actions that i am glorifying Christ through my actions and words. i pray that even people who don't know me would be able to see the heart of Christ reflected through my daily life. i love Christ with all my heart and i strive to live a life that glorifies HIM above all else, even if it means forsaking the world and its pressures. if i am hiding Christ's light from the world, I am not doing myself or anyone else a favor. i pray that i would be strengthened by Christ to be in and not of the world.

with graduation and who-knows-what-else looming ahead, i pray for trust in Christ's plans for me; be it to stay here in Clarksville or to relocate or to be called to a different industry. i don't know what lies ahead for me. but i do know this:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."-Philippians 4:13

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment