Monday, August 9, 2010

shields up.

inspiration: Proverbs 4:23

after receiving a random text message, i realize just how much i need to guard my heart and keep my eyes and heart focused completely on Jesus Christ and the plans and promises HE has for me.

in the past, it's been very easy for me to slip up and fall back into a pattern of sin when things like this happen. i've come so far in my walk with Christ that i can't ever imagine walking down a different path, but i definitely need to put up barriers NOW to prevent me from stumbling down the road.

for any who are reading, just pray for me to have strength that is fully reliant on the promises of God, not on the pleasures and temptations of the world. Jesus is the only man who will never ever ever let me down and i need to trust in the plans HE has for me!

2 comments:

  1. I kinda had a problem like that too yesterday. Glad I followed my gut instinct with it but at first I didn't think I would. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you girl! You are strong and amazing, and don't let any random spurt from someone get you down! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete