Thursday, August 26, 2010

praise you in this storm.

inspiration: "Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns



so i've heard this song countless times on the radio.
i've sang the words countless times in my car.
but something was different when i heard it this morning after eating breakfast alone at cracker barrel.


I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen, and it's still raining


those lyrics jumped out at me and really grabbed my heartstrings. lately, i've been struggling with accepting my circumstance of singleness and being at peace with the fact that im not in a relationship. i keep fighting for peace. i keep wrestling with my heart and emotions. i keep trying and trying and trying to convince myself that "i'm better off single" and "God has someone planned for me". yet, i keep wondering what i'm doing wrong and why i haven't been blessed yet...but what it comes down to is that it's not the right time, yet.

i've been caught in this "storm" before. many, many times. i'm often tossed back and forth between waves of contentment and waves of complete turmoil (which is where i am now).

it's such a hard battle, but one that i know i shouldn't necessarily be fighting in: God tells us he works for the good of those who love Him according to His purposes. i know that all the struggles i'm facing will only make me stronger in Him and benefit me for the future works He has planned for me. He will bless me and provide me with everything i need. i just need to continue to praise Him and to stay focused on His glory and His plans for me, rather than wallowing in my self pity and focusing on myself.


And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm


I will remain faithful and true to the promises You have for me, Lord. Help me to stay focused and centered on You and the works You have prepared for me. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I'm dealing with this bigtime right now. I am so lonely and I miss Jon a lot, but I have to stay the course and realize there is someone 50 billion times better for me out there, if it's in God's will.

    You got it! & God's gotcha back.

    ReplyDelete