Friday, August 13, 2010

no more scaredy cat.

inspiration: i want to chase my lions and conquer my fears.

"But the goal of life is not the elimination of fear. The goal is to muster the moral courage to chase lions." (In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day)

So far, this is one of my favorite quotes I've come across (and I've come across a lot! There are underlines all in my book, and I haven't even finished it yet!)

I'm such a scaredy cat. Really. I try and come across as bold and confident about my circumstances and the things I want to accomplish. And don't get me wrong, I am bold and I am confident. I know that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". But that doesn't mean fear is absent from me. The uncertainty of the future and of life terrifies me!

Over the last year, I've become more and more confident in my walk with Christ. No longer am I consumed by the "What if"s and worries of life. Granted, hard times happen and adversity always sucks, but when I am truly locked in on Christ, nothing can faze me! All the obstacles I face are only making me stronger. Reading this book is empowering me to become a "lion chaser", not to back down to the fear of rejection, failure, adversity, etc. When I am following God's paths for me, I may be taking a legitimate risk, but He will come through for me! It may or may not happen in the way or time I am expecting, but He always comes through...

I am about to graduate and I have NO clue what the future holds for me. This is a truly terrifying step. I mean, graduating high school and moving away was frightening in a sense, but I knew what I was doing next: going to college. Now, I have an idea of what I want to do (get a job), but the "What", "Where", "When", and "How"s of God's plans for me are still to be revealed. But no matter what IS in God's will for me, I am confident that He will strengthen me and provide for the needs I may have.

No longer am I a scaredy cat in the midst of uncertainty.
Rather, I am preparing my heart to become a lion chaser who is ready to lock eyes with my biggest fears and to overcome them with the strength of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment