Monday, August 23, 2010

joshua 1:9

inspiration: volunteering in Grace Acres

So, for the last two sundays, i've volunteered in the 3&4 year old room in Grace Acres, the area for infants to pre-school aged kids. The verse and message for this month for the kids to learn and hear about has been Joshua 1:9 and "God is always with us". Stories have been about Moses and how God never left him throughout all his trials with Pharoah.

It's such a simple concept: "God is always with us."
But for me, sometimes, it's easy to forget that. It's so easy for me to get angry because i feel forsaken. it's easy for me to get so caught up in "me, me, me", that i forget that my life is for God's glory!

And it was so humbling to hear the 3&4 year-olds praise with their whole hearts and really knowing that God is always with them. One of the little boys, whenever the teacher would ask "Who is always with us?", never failed in saying "GOD AND JESUS IS ALWAYS WITH US!"

Serving them has definitely been a humbling experience, and I hope that I get to serve them more and more in the weeks and months to come :)


Last week, singing "God loves you and me"



Yesterday, sitting for storytime about Moses

No comments:

Post a Comment