Friday, July 16, 2010

when wrongs are rights

inspiration: it always amazes me how in the midst of having things go "wrong", things haven't really gone that wrong at all.

today, i was presented with an opportunity to buy a hot air balloon ride for $137.50 (so, basically, half off!!). Seeing as this is pretty high on my bucket list, I really wanted to just JUMP at the opportunity to do it at a really, really good price. But the more I got to thinking about it, the more I realized "Nikki, you still have rent to pay for August and bills to pay. You really don't have the money to do it..."

So, I thought, "If you can make the cash to make rent for next month, you can justify spending that money to go hot air ballooning." Logically, if I could've gotten a babysitting job or two for this weekend, between that extra money and my paychecks next week, I could have afforded to splurge on an "adventure". But, to no avail, no babysitting jobs have come up yet.

I've been telling myself and others all day that if I can't buy it now, that my adventure is just simply meant to happen later. Not gonna lie, I was pretty frustrated, though. I thought, "Why can't this be the time to go hot air ballooning?" I kept asking God, "WHY?! If not now, when?!"

Also, earlier today, I bought a sunshade (the little thing you put in your windshield to keep it from getting so hot in your car). I tried to fold it earlier, but I just couldn't get it to work. And I figured if I was going to be sitting inside doing nothing, I might as well be practicing folding that stupid thing so I wouldn't look like quite such an idiot doing it in the parking lot.

Well, after about 30 minutes of trying, failing, trying again, and kinda-sorta coming up with a method to turn a rectangular thing into a circular thing, I took it back out to my car. When I looked up, I saw the biggest rainbow I think I've seen in my life! Second one this week!

I snapped a few pictures of it. Texted a few people. Called a friend. And then it was gone. I was sad to see it disappear so quickly, but I know that it was God's way of opening my eyes to the fact that even though things seem frustrating and things don't go the way I envisioned them, that they're not really going wrong at all.

If I had gotten a babysitting job or if I had known instinctively that you just twist the daggum sunshade until it becomes somewhat of a circle, I would've missed out on one of the most beautiful sights of my life. :)

In this case, two "wrongs" did make a "right". A very beautiful "right", at that!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to get the entire bow in this one, but I didn't. Also, I darkened the shot to try and capture the color better.

The left side of the bow

The right side of the bow

No comments:

Post a Comment