Wednesday, July 21, 2010

time heals.

inspiration: for me, it's been the worst to hear, the most difficult to accept, but the best and truest advice.

"Time heals all wounds."

whether it's a loss of a friend/relative, breakup, whatever kind of emotional turmoil i face, it's always hard for me to hear that phrase. i, initially, had a lot that i wanted to write about in regard to this phrase, but i would rather not wallow around in my self-pity (no one wants to read that) and no matter what our circumstances are, it's a timeless and universal piece of advice that we'll all have to eventually absorb.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11

God has amazing plans for each and every one of us. Sometimes (and by "sometimes", I mean "rarely") do they go how WE think they should go, but they are always for the glory of God. But once we accept our circumstances and trust in His will for us, we will ultimately learn of His amazing and wonderful love and plans.

So while that advice is still hard to swallow sometimes, I will always try and keep my focus on Christ and the Cross and the plans He has for me :)

4 comments:

  1. ILY.

    The Lord inspires you to write very thoughtful blogs, and it's super sweet. Keep on trucking girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ily, too, girl.

    I always hope that I am staying true to myself and the plans God has for me whenever I write. I never know what kind of impact my blogs will have, but I guess its not about the words I write but rather the Holy Spirit working in the readers' hearts.

    I'm so blessed to have you in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably the most difficult truth humans can grasp is this: God is always in control. May we rest in him. Keep fighting.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually wrestling with this last night.
    I had to repeatedly repeat to myself, "Be still and know that I am God" from Psalm 46:10

    It's, honestly, hard to let go of the reigns and trust when you don't know how things will turn out.

    Thanks for that reminder, Brad.

    ReplyDelete