Saturday, July 31, 2010

i need inspiration.

inspiration: i'm on a roller coaster.

i feel like i'm on a roller coaster. sometimes i'm up at the top and i can feel and sense God all around me in everything i do. sometimes i feel like i'm plummeting away from him at 125 MPH, absorbed in myself and the things i'm doing. i'm in one of those stages now.

i know that God is with me in any and all situations. i know He never leaves or forsakes me. i know that He is always waiting and welcoming me with open arms whenever i return to Him. but i feel so badly for not making time to spend with Him. i feel so badly for just doing whatever and hoping that it's part of God's plan...i feel like i need some sort of jolt of inspiration so that i'll instantly be a "better" child of God.

i was contemplating what i wanted to "blog" about, since i've been absent in the blogosphere for a few days now...three words came to mind as i began to type...

ask. seek. knock.
(Matthew 7:7)

i know that all i need to do is ask and it will be given. He works for the good of those who live according to His purposes (Romans 8:28). so i ask this in all sincerity: to be a good daughter, friend, student, and child of God. to live a life that glorifies God in every facet of my life. to not be preoccupied with myself as much as i am now. to be challenged in my faith in order to strengthen my relationship and dependence on Christ and Christ alone.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I know I write this almost every time but it's like that with me too. How do you even know if you're ever doing anything right if you're not one of those people who literally "hears" what God is saying to you? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. one word: faith.
    and it's true. we just have to know that God prepares us for anything and everything we encounter...i just feel like i haven't had any significant "that was totally God" moments lately. im sure im wrong and that He will throw something my way soon.
    i just hate being so...comfortable, for lack of a better word.

    ReplyDelete