Friday, July 2, 2010

controlling my thoughts and surrendering.

inspiration: Student to Student devotional.

i bought a "student-to-student" devotional my freshman year of college. i read it back then, but i grabbed it off my shelf again this morning because i just really needed a good dose of relevant advice regarding my spiritual life.

The first entry was about taking our thoughts captive. taking everything that is spinning around in our minds and just surrendering it all at the foot of the Cross. we need to allow God to work in our lives with full control. we are to surrender our worries and anxieties to Christ. everything works out in time for His glory. it's not about us and the more we try and make it about us, the harder life gets. this is especially true for me.

i know that sometimes "taking my thoughts captive" is a huge task. when my mind starts to wander and starts to embrace negative thoughts and starts to stir my emotions in a sinful and negative way, i know in that moment is when i need to just STOP everything and lay everything down at the cross. lay down my worries, my jealousies, my negative thoughts, my pride, my fears, my everything.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment