Tuesday, June 8, 2010

smiling God.

inspiration: "The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments."

--Habakkuk 3:19

When I haven't blogged for a couple days, I really start itching to do it. Sometimes because I'm struck with an idea; other times, because I feel like I need to process what's going on in my life.

I read Habakkuk 3:19 and realized how truly blessed I am.
God is truly smiling at me right now.

I told a friend yesterday that He was hardcore smiling at me. Blessing after blessing has been poured upon me. Granted, I still have a lot of stress and worry that I have to overcome, but I know that God enables me to overcome it; it is His strength in me that gets me through the hard times.

I can look back over the past year/two years and I KNOW that I am happy now because of God. Not because I am being blessed or because this isn't a "hard time". But because of what He has done for me. He has given me the strength to overcome adversity at its worst; He has given me the strength to face my giants; He has redeemed me from all the mistakes I've made; He has loved me when I was unlovable.

He is my STRENGTH.
He is my REFUGE.
He is my SAVIOR.

He is smiling at me now. I can definitely feel it. :)

1 comment: