Sunday, June 13, 2010

saving faith.

inspiration: Ron's sermon this morning.

A couple quotes that stood out to me from this morning's sermon:
"Doubt, by itself, is not sin...unbelief is."
"Sometimes faith isn't getting what you want, but looking at the face of Jesus and trusting Him like you've never trusted before."

he made a point to ask "Do you trust in God to come through for you?" he illustrated his point with a story about how his son KNEW so strongly that his dad was going to come to have lunch with him that he sat in the office and waited and wouldn't go back to class. of course, ron came through for his son.

just like God will always come through for us.
it may not be at the time we want or in the way we want, but we have to TRUST in Him strong enough to never doubt.

i wonder how much in my life, i doubt the power and awesomeness of God just because things don't go the way i planned...i've gotten a lot better about trusting God and in His plans for me, no matter where they may take me; but i definitely still have a lot of room for improvement and growth.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." --Matthew 28:19-20

He will never leave us or forsake us. He promises to always come through for us.
i believe that!

1 comment:

  1. the quote about unbelief and doubt really came through to me too. I wrote it down as well. It's so hard. I know I believe in His promises, but sometimes I doubt they will come through. :)

    ReplyDelete