Monday, May 3, 2010

unanswered questions.

inspiration: so many questions. so few answers.

there are so many questions in my life and mind that have yet to be answered.
some of them meaningless; some of them tough; some of them unanswerable.

"why do things happen the way they do?"
"why do bad things happen to good people?"
"when will i meet my husband?"
"what if im never meant to be married?"
"what is my life's purpose?"

but something im learning more and more is that sometimes it's not the answer that matters. "it's not the destination, it's the journey." as cliche as that is, it has become very applicable in my life. God doesn't always (in fact, rarely) gives me an answer when i ask my question. He lets me ponder it a while, often leading me into a time of prayer and spending time in His word. He makes me sit and wait. im not a patient person and i often lose my patience during the waiting process. but in times like right now, im glad He is making me wait. im glad He isn't answering my questions. it's right now that i'm clinging to Him for everything. i'm learning to relinquish control over my life and letting Him write my life story.

i'm impatient and bratty.
i'm controlling and obnoxious.
but He is teaching me patience and compassion.
He is guiding and leading me back to Him.

so for now, the answers to my questions aren't nearly as important as the values and lessons God is teaching me as i wait for Him to answer. =]


Though the fig tree does not bud and there are not grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
--Habakkuk 3:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment